COVID-19 UPDATE 6/30: Secrest is not closed! OUR GROUNDS ARE OPEN to pedestrian traffic during daylight hours. No bicycles, skateboards or rollerblades permitted on walkways. Parking is located in the main lot near the intersection of Secrest Rd. and Mill Rd., and in front of the Secrest Welcome Center. Porta johns and hand wash stations have been added for your convenience. We have just received direction NOT to open the slide and children’s area on July 6th, as previously communicated. Campus and university administration are very concerned about creating unnecessary risk for COVID-19 transmission. The Taylor Pavilion, slide and surrounding area will remain closed INDEFINITELY. We continue working hard to keep the gardens beautiful and safe for your enjoyment during an otherwise trying time.
COVID-19 VISITOR UPDATES 6/11- Spring is not closed! OUR GROUNDS ARE OPEN* to pedestrian traffic during daylight hours. No bicycles, skateboards or rollerblades permitted on walkways. Parking is located in the main lot near the intersection of Secrest Rd. and Mill Rd. Additional porta johns and hand wash stations have been added for your convenience. We are working hard to keep the gardens beautiful for your enjoyment during an otherwise trying time. *The Taylor Pavilion and Buckeye Forest children's area reopen July 6th.
CRABAPPLE UPDATE 4/29- Crabtastic color is popping out all over the Arboretum!
Best viewing will begin this weekend and continue through next week. To provide all visitors with the best possible opportunity to view Secrest’s crabapple collection during peak bloom, Williams Rd. will be open to vehicles on Monday May 4th, Tuesday May 5th, and Wednesday May 6th from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Please observe the following guidelines:
- Vehicle access is reserved for visitors with limited mobility and/or those only driving through the crabapple collection.
- Visitors who walk through the collection must park in the main lot on Mill Rd.
- The two small parking areas along Williams Rd. will not be accessible.
- Short stops along Williams Rd. are permitted when visitors remain in their vehicles.
- Please continue to observe social distancing measures as recommended by the Ohio Department of Health, and respectfully observe all other Secrest Arboretum regulations.
We hope that everyone enjoys this beautiful time of year! For those unable to join us, please check back next week for videos and other images of the peak crab bloom at Secrest!